Tea has been used medicinally for thousands of years, just like the marijuana plant. Both tea and the cannabis plant are associated with a number of positive effects and health benefits, which is why weed teas are becoming more and more popular. For example, weed stem tea can help with chronic pain and inflammation, reduce anxiety or depression, improve lung health and circulation, reduce nausea, improve digestion, and even help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. Here’s everything you need to know about weed tea along with a recipe outlining how to make weed tea with stems.
Recipe: How To Make Weed Tea With Stems
Making weed tea with stems is one of the easiest ways to make weed tea. You can make it like any other tea by steeping your stems in hot milk or water to decarboxylate the THC on them. Keep in mind that you will need fat for the THC to bind to for best results. THC is not water-soluble, so you will need a fat of some sort for the THC to bind to. You can use milk, heavy cream, half and half, or even butter. Here’s how to make three cups of tea with stems.
[Also read The 11 Best Hookah Bars in Northern Virginia]
You will need:
- ¼ cup of leftover stems
- 1 cup half and half, milk, or heavy cream
- 3 cups of water
- Your favorite loose-leaf tea blend or tea bags
- Sugar, honey, cinnamon, or lemon, to taste
How to make weed tea with stems:
- Grind your stems into a powder
- Add your half and half to a saucepan and bring it to a light boil
- Add your stems and watch the boiling process for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer.
- Strain the half and half and ground stems through a cheesecloth and into a cup.
- Boil water. Brew 3 cups of your favorite tea and add plenty of milk.
- Sweeten or season to taste and enjoy!
- If you want to omit milk: Instead of boiling your stems in milk to decarboxylate them and give them a fat to bind to, you can toast your stems in a 240-degree oven for about 30 minutes and then steep them in hot water on their own or with your teabags. This will activate the THC in the same way
- To make more potent weed tea with stems: Try toasting your stems as we mentioned above to make tea. Then boil your grinder in milk, heavy cream, or half and a half for added potency. Just strain out any weed particles before you add it to your tea.
[Also read The 7 Best Underground Speakeasies in DC You’ve Never Heard Of ]
Does putting stems in tea get you high?
It sure does! The stems from your leftover marijuana are coated in a fine layer of THC-rich trichomes. While the stem part of the marijuana flower is not the most potent way to get high, it can still cause you to feel high when they’re brewed into a tea. The act of brewing can activate the THC in the trichomes on the stems and can give you a nice edible high.
Do you have to decarboxylate weed stems for tea?
Yes, you do need to decarboxylate weed stems to make them into tea. The THC found in the trichomes on leftover weed stems are inactive until they’re activated by heat in a process known as decarboxylation. You can de-carb weed stems in a few different ways, including the tried and true low and slow toasting method. However, you can also decarboxylate weed stems in boiling liquid binding agents.
What is the best binding agent for weed tea?
To work properly, all edibles and THC-infused tea need fat to bind to. Since edibles are metabolized through digestion, you need something for the THC to bind to while you digest it. Fats take longer to break down, so fats make the best binding agents for the THC on your stems. We recommend using coconut milk, oat milk, half and half, whole fat milk, or heavy cream since they’re common additions to teas anyway and taste great. You can also use butter or oil, though these options don’t taste as good.
Can I boil my grinder in milk?
You sure can! If you have a really kiefy grinder that has run through lots of weed, you can extract a few more of those THC-rich trichomes with milk. This can help you get some more potency into your weed tea. All you have to do is add your grinder and your milk to a light boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let it infuse for about 20 minutes. This helps activate the THC and give it fat to bind to, promoting a more potent weed tea. Simply run the milk through cheesecloth at the end to separate any cannabis particles from the final product.
How do you make weed tea with stems in the microwave?
Just like any other tea, you can make cannabis stem tea in the microwave. To do it, you’ll take a large microwave-safe mug and add a splash of half and a half and any sweeteners you like. You’ll microwave at 30-60 second intervals until your milk is boiling. From there, strain your stems out of the milk and return the milk to the mug. Then you’ll add a tea bag and fill the rest of the mug with water until it’s full. After that, you can microwave it until it reaches your desired temperature. Let the tea bag steep for about 5 minutes and you’re ready to enjoy.
Join our email list to get the latest news on deals and other info! Click Here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.